White Dwarf August 2019 is Games Workshop’s premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content each month such as new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in August’s issue:
- Contact: Your questions answered!
- Worlds of Warhammer: Why would allies ever fight each other? Phil Kelly tackles this, and other tricky questions, in his monthly column.
- Golden Demon Winners Challenge: What happens when you give 35 Golden Demon winners a painting challenge? This!
- ’Eavy Metal Masterclass: Painting master Max Faleij explains how to tackle the subject of object source lighting.
- Echoes From the Warp: While Robin’s away, James Gallagher will play. Specifically, narrative battles.
- A Tale of Four Warlords – The Vigilus Warlords: The four warlords return to show off their latest creations. But something strange has happened to one of the armies…
- For the Emperor: Trooper Kaydn of the Rimorian Irregulars prays for salvation from the Tyranid menace in this short story by Callum Davis.
- The Fallen Lords of War: To celebrate the release of the Chaos Knights kit, we’ve got a gallery of treacherous Knights to show you all. Warning: contains heresy.
- Battle Report – The Siege of Cahim II: Space Marines, Astra Militarum, and Adeptus Mechanicus take on Thousand Sons, Death Guard, and Chaos Knights in this huge Apocalypse Battle Report.
- Realms of Battle – Nemendghast Forge: Get a closer look at this hugely impressive Apocalypse battlefield.
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
- Blood Hunt: The call to war has been made. All will offer fealty to the Eater of Worlds in this Warcry short story by Nick Horth.
- Fantastical Realms – The Realm of Light: Bring your sunglasses (or fantastical equivalent), because this month’s modelling and painting guide is set in Hysh.
- Rules of Engagement: Jervis tackles how to answer rules queries from the comfort of your own armchair. The trick lies in going upstream. You know, like a salmon.
- The Tome Celestial – The Sempiternals: We take a closer look at the foremost Sacrosanct Chamber of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer.
- They who Claim Death: A gallery of beautifully painted and converted miniatures from the Anvils of the Heldenhammer Stormhost. Skulls are prevalent.
- Paint Splatter: Check out this stage-by-stage painting guide for the Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Hint: black paint is required.
WARHAMMER QUEST: BLACKSTONE FORTRESS
- Precipice Awaits: After a hard trek through the Blackstone Fortress, all you want to do is relax in your ship. But the bustling streets of Precipice are calling, and treasure (or possibly death) awaits you.
- Glory Points: Dave has donned his best wizarding hat and sparkly robes for this month’s instalment of Glory Points. Totally by coincidence, it just happens to be about magic.
- Blood Bowl XVIII Grand Final: The year is 2478, and it’s XVIII Blood Bowl Cup Grand Final. Will you take on the challenge of recreating the historic match between the Skavenblight Scramblers and the Gouged Eye?
In the Studio
What have the Design Studio’s hobbyists been up to this month?