White Dwarf 474 is Games Workshop’s premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content each month such as new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests, and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in the March issue:
Letters, hobby advice, and beautifully painted miniatures. This month: Waaagh! Greenskins in all their glory.
Worlds of Warhammer
Get some insight into the proper pronunciation for some of the trickier Warhammer names and places.
Inside the Studio
We talk about some of the models we’ve painted and the games we’ve played over the last month.
- Echoes from the Warp: At what point do options become too much to choose from? It’s a tricky question, but Duncan Waugh talks us through it.
- Waaagh! Nozgrot: Martin Jones shares his amazing Orks project with us. Deathskulls means Dakka!
- Paints, Brushes, Action!:Take a look at the results six talented hobbyists were able to achieve with some McFarland Toys action figures.
WARHAMMER 40,000 – FLASHPOINT: NACHMUND
- Loyalty: This short story explores the fate of Major Hesper and the Khymer 64th after their escape from Aq’arus.
- Galactic War Hosts: The Astra Militarum: This fourteen-page spread shows off amazing paint jobs, conversions, and tips on collecting and painting the most renowned regiments of the Imperial Guard.
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
- Rules of Engagement: Take a deep dive into the Tides of Death rules for the Idoneth Deepkin.
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR – FLASHPOINT CLASH
- Realmscapes: The Spiral Crux: Journey to the Realm of Metal for a spot of treasure hunting and carnage.
- The Tome Celestial: The Blades of Khorne: Blood for the Blood God! With this raft of juicy new rules, you’ll be spilling more gore than ever. Matched Play updates bring you a new battle trait, an updated warscroll for the Skull Altar, plus a Grand Strategy, battle tactics, and updates for both open play and Path to Glory.
- The Will of Khorne: This campaign brings the God of Rage and his greatest rival, Tzeentch, into brutal conflict in the Realm of Metal. Play through A Battle of Gods to find out whose followers will take this round.
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar: A Tale of Four Warlords: Martyn, Miyuki, Rich and Calum have come to the end of their year-long challenge. Read about their experiences and bear witness to four incredible and mighty armies, all of which are well over 3000 points!
- Operation Briefing: It’s time for a Critical Operation. The experts take you right into the combat zone for these tactically-challenging missions.
- The Dance of Death: Harlequins are some of the most mysterious members of one of the most mysterious of all races the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Learn all about them, and find out how they perform in Kill Team.
- Void-Dancer Troupes: Don your domino suit, strap on your mask, and prepare for an epic dance-off. You’ll find four new Harlequin Kill Team Datasheets, including Shadow Seers and Deathjesters, plus Battle Honours, Strategic and Tactical Ploys, and more.
- Paint Splatter: Void-Dancer Troupes: Step-by-step guides to get your troupe ready for their closeup. They cover the Silent Shroud and Masque of the Midnight Sorrow, but you can use these tips for any Harlequin troupe.
- Boiling Points: Two new Warcry campaigns for the Fyreslayers and Idoneth Deepkin, plus rules for using those awesome Auric Flamekeepers and Akhelian Thrallmasters in the Bloodwind Spoil.
- Glory Points: Lethal Hexes, Fatal Hexes, and… Mystic Hexes? Find out what these mysterious tiles are all about.
- The Eternal Conflict: The most ancient of all enemies clash in the skies, with three new scenarios that pit the Asuryani and Necrons against each other.
MIDDLE-EARTH™ STRATEGY BATTLE GAME
- Taking the Hobbits to Isengard: This brilliant solo scenario features your favourite heroes taking on the villains from the Ambush at Amon Hen.
- Heirs of Reason: Labyrinth of Lies: The third instalment of the Tome Keepers serial sees the Third Company deploying to the surface of Anakletos to take on the insurrectionists.
Each physical copy of Issue 474 comes with 18 Kill Team Tac Ops cards for six Kill Team Specialist Teams, updated Warscroll cards for the Beasts of Chaos Herdstone and Blades of Khorne Skull Altar, Warcry cards for the Auric Flamekeeper and Akhelion Thrallmaster, and a Sorcery Gauge card for use with the Will of Khorne campaign from this issue. You’ll also find two posters in the sleeve – one for Total War: Warhammer III, and another for Shootas, Blood & Teef.