White Dwarf 470 is Games Workshop’s premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content each month such as new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests, and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in November’s issue:
Letters, painting advice, and beautifully painted miniatures. Plus: a Sylvaneth collection and a question about red hats!
Worlds of Warhammer
Part two of the FAQ on the background of the Mortal Realms. This time: realmstone, realmgates, and calendars.
Inside the Studio
We talk about some of the models we’ve painted and the games we’ve played over the last month.
- Echoes from the Warp: Robin Cruddace joins us to talk about keywords and why they’re a core component of the rules.
- A Tale of Four Warlords: Four mighty heroes (well, three and a very angry god-shard) join our warlords’ forces as they reach the 125 Power mark. Things are hotting up!
Warhammer 40,000 Flashpoint: Octarius
- The Red and the Dead Part I: The vital agri world of Abundantia comes under attack from Orks and Genestealer Cultists.
- Da Wurm Run: Moar speed! Moar dakka! The Evil Sunz race after a valuable prize in this high-octane short story.
- The Road War: Two new Flashpoint datasheets for Evil Sunz Characters, plus a Theatre of War for fighting on Abundantia and a suite of rules for a rolling road mission: Road Wars.
- Galactic War Hosts: Waaagh! Speed Freeks!: Brrrm brrrm, dakka dakka! Join us for eight pages of painting and modelling advice for the Ork Kult of Speed. Plus, a conversion guide for a Looted Wagon!
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
- Rules of Engagement: Louis Aguilar talks about the exciting new direction the rules team have taken with upcoming battletomes.
Warhammer Age of Sigmar Flashpoint Clash
- Realmscapes: The Realm of Shadow: A peace of sorts has developed around the Shadrac Convergence in the Realm of Shadow. For now, at least…
- The Tome Celestial: Cities of Sigmar: New background for the Cities of Sigmar and Dawnbringer Crusades. Plus, a rules update for Battletome: Cities of Sigmar, including a new Allegiance Ability, 1 Grand Strategy, and 2 Battle Tactics. Also includes content focused around the Cities of Sigmar for Path to Glory and open play.
- The Devouring Fogs: A campaign for the Cities of Sigmar set in the ever-shifting and terrifyingly dangerous Realm of Shadow, including a Battleplan.
- Glory Points: We’re on the edge… of glory! Join us in Direchasm for a whole new way to play Warhammer Underworlds: Fatal Edge!
THE HORUS HERESY
- Chronicles of the Horus Heresy: A closer look at the major events of the Horus Heresy, from the Triumph at Ullanor to the Siege of Terra.
- Titanica Infernus: A look at the new rules for Corrupted Titans and how to get the most out of them. Tails are a popular upgrade choice.
MIDDLE-EARTH™ STRATEGY BATTLE GAME
- Battle Report: Quest of the Ringbearer: The Fellowship of the Ring battle across Weathertop, through Balin’s Tomb and over Amon Hen in this three-game Battle Report.
- Battlefields of Middle-earth™: See how the incredible terrain used in the Amon Hen Battle Report was constructed and painted.
- The Painting Quest: Painting tips from Middle-earth aficionados Lewis Collins and Ashley Hamstead-Reid.
- A Game of Diamond: Black Library author Guy Haley brings us the first adventure of Drekki Flynt, soon to be a household name!
Each physical copy of Issue 470 comes sleeved and includes the following:
- 2x Christmas postcards
- 7x Christmas gift tags
- 1x Aeronautica Imperialis Ace card
- 1x Adeptus Titanicus Battlefield Effects card
- 1x Necromunda Tactics card
- 1x Blood Bowl Special Play card
- 1x Tome Keepers transfer sheet, featuring 309 decals