White Dwarf 468 is Games Workshop’s premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content each month such as new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests, and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in September’s issue:
Letters, painting advice, and beautifully painted miniatures. Plus: quarantine time and a question about salvage rights.
Worlds of Warhammer
War correspondent Nick Horth discusses writing battlefield action and how it’s not always about blood and gore.
Inside the Studio
We talk about some of the models we’ve painted and the games we’ve played over the last month.
- Index Astartes: The Wolfspear: A deep dive into the mysterious Wolfspear, one of the few known successors of the Space Wolves. Awoo! Plus, new rules, including a Chapter Tactic, three Relics, three Warlord Traits, and three Stratagems.
- Gallery of Grimwolves: Three pages of stunningly painted Wolfspear miniatures, plus a guide to the Chapter’s insignia and heraldry.
- Paint Splatter: Sons of the Wolfspear: Two painting guides for the young sons of Russ – one using the Contrast paints, the other using Classic techniques.
- A Tale of Four Warlords: We’re at 100 Power! Joel, Jonathan, Drew, and Lydia show off their latest creations for their ever-growing armies.
WARHAMMER 40,000 FLASHPOINT OCTARIUS
- Galactic War Hosts: Hive Fleet Leviathan: Eight pages of painting and modelling inspiration for the purple-and-white xenos from beyond the stars. Includes Ork/Tyranid hybrids featuring tentacles! You have been warned.
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR
- Rules of Engagement: Lord-Aquilor Louis Aguilar joins us to discuss Pitched Battles in the latest General’s Handbook.
- Realmscapes: The Realm of Death: A closer look at the land of afterlives, where the dead do not rest easy. Nor the living, come to think of it…
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR FLASHPOINT CLASH
- The Tome Celestial: Slaves to Darkness: Across the Mortal Realms, the servants of the Dark Gods bring corruption and ruination to all they touch. Also includes a major update for Battletome: Slaves to Darkness in the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, including updated allegiance abilities, two bespoke core battalions, a new grand strategy, and two battle tactics.
- Usurpation of Power: A mini-campaign in which we see whether Be’lakor can wrestle the Banelands from Archaon’s grasp, or if he’s sent packing in this Chaos-on-Chaos conflict set in the Realm of Death.
- Operation Briefing: Games developer Elliot Hamer joins us to talk about the new edition of Kill Team and some of the game’s major changes.
- Agents of the Machine God: An in-depth look at the Kill Teams assembled by the acquisitive Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Includes Names and Demeanour tables for Adeptus Mechanicus kill teams.
- Eyes of the Omnissiah: All become one with the Motive Force! The Adeptus Mechanicus take on the Tyranids in this short story.
- Hunter Clade Kill Team: All new Kill Team content available in White Dwarf for the first time, featuring a hefty 16 pages of shiny new rules for fielding the Adeptus Mechanicus’ Hunter Clade Kill Teams in the latest edition of the game.
- Battle Report: Awaken the Data-Spirits: The Death Korps of Krieg take on a team of Ork Kommandos in a deadly mission to reactivate a secret weapons system.
- Brush Tips: Max Faleij explains how the ’Eavy Metal team develop a colour scheme for a new army. Here, he looks at the colour palette for the Kruleboyz.
- Legacy of Posul: Blood is spilt and skulls taken in this short story that pits the Mortifactors against the World Eaters. Rated G for Gory!
Each physical copy of Issue 468 comes sleeved, and includes the following:
- 1x Wolfspear transfer sheet, featuring 402 decals
- 1x card insert with three Stratagems for The Wolfspear and nine Kill Team game rulers
- 1x double-sided A2 poster featuring the PC games Storm Ground and Hired Gun
- 1x flyer introducing Soulbound, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar role playing game by Cubicle 7, featuring rules for an exclusive artefact – Mark of the Binding – for use in the game