Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire is an action-packed arena combat game for two players. It allows you to build your warband, construct your deck, and defeat your rivals to acheive lasting glory.
Shadespire was once a city of wonder and magic, a metropolis of trade whose rulers defied death, to the fury of Nagash. Nagash’s fury was made manifest in something more devastating than destruction. He drew upon the mysterious power of the shadeglass that gave the city its power and tore away the light and glory of Shadespire, leaving it a twisted reflection of its former glory. Adventurers foolish enough to now set foot within its walls are trapped, with all hope seemingly lost. Yet not all will accept their fate without a fight…
In Warhammer Underworlds, you and your opponent pick a warband – 2 are included in this box – and build a deck of power and objective cards. After placing your warband on the hex-tiled game boards, you take turns making actions – movement and attacks – until 3 phases are played. Between actions, you can use the power cards to power effects and reactions that can swing the battle in your favour; building the best deck you can and using cunning to deploy abilities at the perfect time is the secret to mastering the game and dominating your enemies. Merely vanquishing your opponent’s warband does not guarantee victory – capturing objectives, standing your ground, making the best tactical choices and deploying the right cards at the right time will gain you the glory points you need to win!
Once you’re familiar with the rules, games will take around 30 minutes.
In The Box
Everything you and a friend need to play games of Warhammer Underworlds is included in this box.
Inside toy will find:
- A Stormcast Eternals warband: made up of 3 push-fit, blue plastic Liberators (Angharad Brightshield, Obryn the Bold and their leader Severin Steelheart)
- A Khorne Bloodbound warband: made up of 5 push-fit, red plastic Bloodreavers (Karsus the Chained, Blooded Saek, Targor, Arnulf and their leader Garrek Gorebeard.) Both of these warbands are Easy To Build, with no glue necessary and a comprehensive, easy to follow construction guide
- A 32-page rulebook: including the story of Shadespire’s rise and fall, and all the rules you need to play; – A quick-start sheet, featuring a brief introduction to the game
- 2 double-sided game boards: featuring hexes and objectives
- 2 pre-built decks of power and objective cards: for use with the included warbands
- 8 double-sided Fighter cards: providing the stats and information needed for the fighters in each warband at a glance
- 5 attack dice and 3 defence dice
- 9 double-sided objective tokens
- 1 Katophrane Artefact token
- 2 Shardfall tokens
- 30 wound tokens
- 46 double-sided glory point tokens
- 15 double-sided move and charge tokens
- 15 Guard tokens
- 8 activation tokens
Warhammer Underworlds has an intense, fast and fun core ruleset, but the book contains a host of extras – new game modes, competitive and multiplayer rules:
- Matched Play: designed for competitive play, this is a set of rules that level the playing field to the finest degree – perfect for fast, friendly rivalries and tournaments
- Capture the Artefact: use the included Katophrane Artefact token as a discovery to battle over – glory points are awarded for holding it, but your opponent will be sure to take it by force
- Multiplayer games: extra rules that allow you to combine 2 core sets of Warhammer Underworlds to create 3-or-4-player games, with clarified rules for resolving attacks and adjustments to victory conditions.