Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soul Wars contains 52 push-fit Stormcast Eternals and Nighthaunt miniatures, along with a 320-page hardback Core Book and an exclusive 32-page Battle of Glymmsforge booklet.
Inside the box you will find:
There are 33 Nighthaunt, and 19 Stormcast Eternals allowing for 2 players to have an army each with which to do battle. Each miniature is push-fit, with no glue is necessary:
- A Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed: a Nighthaunt leader atop a skeletal steed wearing ram’s horns, he wields a sword of stolen hours in his right hand
- A Lord Executioner: has macabre gallows lashed to his back with screaming souls surrounding it, armed with a decapitating greataxe
- A Guardian of Souls: A Nighthaunt wizard that carries a chill blade in his left hand and a tall nightmare lantern in the other, used to summon the spirits of the dead
- A Spirit Torment: masked and pitiless, with heavy shacklegheist chains that he uses to attack his enemies in swinging arcs
- 4 Grimghast Reapers: cursed, indiscriminate killers, the Grimghast Reapers are armed with double-handed slasher scythes – their leader, the Extoller of Shyish, carries a great bell known as the death knell
- 5 Glaivewraith Stalkers: unstoppable gheists drifting inexorably towards their prey, each attacks with a 2-handed hunter’s glaive
- 20-strong Chainrasp Horde: each armed with a malignant weapon – axes, swords, and flails feature heavily here – this frightening force is led by a Dreadwarden, who wields a 3-pronged candelabra.
- A Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger: a splendidly-armoured, mounted centrepiece carrying an aetherstave. His Gryph-charger is rearing high, showing off its sharp claws and razor beak
- A Knight-Incantor: A female Stormcast Eternals wizard is armed with an incantor’s staff, and carries spirit flasks and a voidstorm scroll
- 3 Evocators: a unit of Stormcast Eternals wizards, each armed with a tempest blade and stormstave, led by an Evocator-Prime
- 5 Castigators: each armed with a thunderhead greatbow specially designed to destroy the ethereal, this unit is led by a Castigator-Prime
- 8 Sequitors: led by a Sequitor-Prime, this unit of fearsome warriors is armed with stormsmite mauls, along with soulshields
- A Celestar Ballista: a large piece of mobile artillery that launches bolts of blessed sigmarite, crewed by 2 Stormcast Eternals clutching not only sigmarite blades but a variety of instruments used to calibrate the ballista.
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soul Wars contains the complete, unabridged Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book which is full of background and rules, along with 3 booklets that explain how to play games, from the basic rules to the more advanced and optional rules you can slot in at your leisure:
An 8-page booklet providing essential information about the Age of Sigmar, the contents of the box you’ve just opened and the hobby of collecting, building, painting and playing with Citadel miniatures. Includes an overview of the Nighthaunt and Stormcast Eternals factions, as well as a Battleplan!
Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book
Is a 320-page hardback book filled with the rich history, background of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and rules you can use to play your games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar in whatever way you see fit. Open Play, Matched play and Narrative Play sections are included, each of which can be tailored to your preference.
Inside you will find:
- Detailed background on the history leading up to the Age of Sigmar: from the destruction of the world-that-was to Sigmar’s discovery and exploration of the Mortal Realms, the civilisations that rose and the Age of Chaos that destroyed them, from the glorious vengeance meted out by Sigmar’s Stormcast Eternals to the vile plan set in motion by Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead, which threatens every mortal soul to have ever lived which sets in motion the Soul Wars this box represents
- The full Core Rules: an illustrated and annotated guide showing how to play Warhammer Age of Sigmar in an easy to follow manner
- A guide to Open Play games: including a Battleplan Generator which helps you choose objectives, special rules and victory conditions; Coalition of Death rules for team-based play with 3 Battleplans and in-depth rules for Ladder Campaigns
- A guide to Narrative Play games: including an annotated example game. A guide to setting up Historical Battles; special rules and 2 Battleplans for re-enacting sieges; rules and 2 Battleplans for fighting in the tunnels and caverns beneath the Mortal Realms; and Triumph & Treachery rules for 3 or more players
- A guide to Matched Play games: which allow players to test their mettle in evenly-matched games of skill and tactics with Pitched Battles allowing for different battle lengths, rules for fielding Warscroll Battalions and Allied units and a table of Battle Strategies providing unpredictable objectives and outcomes to challenge even the most battle-hardened general
Battle of Glymmsforge
A 32-page booklet that sets the scene for the included miniatures:
- Featuring background on the Soul Wars
- Details of the Stormcast Eternals’ Sacrosanct Chambers
- The history of the Free City of Glymmsforge, the most sacred of Sigmar’s strongholds
- An overview of Shyish – the Realm of Death – and Nagash’s grand plan; part of which includes an undead assault on Glymmsforge.
It includes profiles on each miniature in the box such as their place in their army, their abilities and their origins as well as an inspiring gallery of beautifully-painted models. 13 Warscroll Cards are also included: these are handy, small-format cards containing the rules for each unit included in the box.
Is a 16-page booklet containing everything you need to begin playing games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar right away. Illustrated examples of every mechanic in the game are here, along with step-by step instructions taking you through movement, attacking, using abilities, using magic and testing for battleshock.
It also includes rules for terrain, explanations of Warscrolls, Warscroll Battalions and Battleplans, Realm of Battle rules and Allegiance Abilities. On its own, this is everything you need to set up and play immediately combined with the myriad optional rules found in the Core Book it’s an incredibly powerful and flexible basis for playing wargames with your miniatures the way you want to.
Soul Wars includes:
- Twelve 14mm, 6-sided turquoise gem dice
- A 12” transparent range ruler
- An easy to follow, colour construction guide with step by step instructions for each miniature
- A Stormcast Eternals transfer sheet.
Also included is a 32-page preview of the Black Library novel Soul Wars, whetting your appetite for further adventures in the Age of Sigmar.
Supplied unpainted and requires assembly.